Sunday, September 10, 2017

Vancouver Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge

Hi girlies!

I previously mentioned that my sister came for a quick visit last weekend. One of the activities that we did was to visit the Vancouver Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge. This is not to be mixed up with the highly popular Capilano Suspension Bridge. Both of these spots are located in North Vancouver. I've never been to the Capilano one but I can speak to some facts about it since I've wanted to visit a few times but I could never justify it in my head. Here are some of the reasons why:

1) Cost
The Capilano Suspension Bridge costs about CAD45 per adult (there are discounts if you're a student, adult, or a kid - for more information, please visit their website). The Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge is free!

2) Time
The Capilano website states that you need to spend 2 to 3 hours there, plus transportation time. Since my sister was only here for a limited amount of time, we decided to opt for something that's less time consuming. We spent about 40 minutes at the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge including crossing the bridge, a short hike to the natural pool, and another short hike on the wooden stairwell up the hill and back down, crossing the bridge at the end again, and of course adequate photo time. If you plan to swimming at the natural pool, you can definitely spend more time there but remember to wear your swim suit underneath and it would be a good idea to bring a towel.

3) Transportation
You can drive to the Capilano Suspension Bridge yourself, but they do offer free shuttles from various locations in downtown. The shuttles run regularly and quite frequently. This transportation arrangement would be beneficial to you if you are staying in downtown and don't have a car. For me, since I live quite far from downtown, it would actually be more troublesome for me to drive to and park in downtown to take the shuttle. What I did to get to the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge was to drive there (about 30 minutes from downtown) and there was free parking there. Getting a parking spot shouldn't be too hard if you are a little patient. I find that turnover is quite fast as the hike is quite short and there aren't any restaurants and entertainment nearby that people would want to spend an extended amount of time there.

I highly recommend visiting this spot to get a quick taste of the Vancouver nature. As you can see, the natural pool is gorgeous but a bit crowded. There were a lot of signs warning people not to cliff jump as a lot of accidents had happened there in previous years.

Much love.

No comments: