Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Easy Vancouver Hike - Deep Cove Quarry Rock Hike

Hi girlies!

I'm making an effort to explore more places in Vancouver since my move earlier this year. During this Labour Day long weekend, I've made my way to the highly popular hike in North Vancouver - the Deep Cove Quarry Rock hike! I first learned about this hike through my colleagues (I've realized that most Vancouverites are very active and love the outdoor). And a few weeks ago I saw on Instagram that my friend and her wife who was heavily pregnant did this hike. I thought if a pregnant lady can do it, I should be able to do it too! Now I'm not super active personally but I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone from time to time for amazing views and to better my health.

We arrived at the Deep Cove area at around 10:30am on Labour Day Monday. It was already very packed. It took us about 20 minutes to get a parking spot. As the main parking area was full and most street parking spots that didn't require a permit were occupied, we found a overflow parking area near Myrtle Park which still had a handful of parking spots left. It was a bit of a walk to the start of the hike (about 15 minutes) but it wasn't too bad. You also get to pass through the main strip of restaurants and ice cream stores as well as a short path near the beach. 

There are quite a bit of stairs at the start of the hike. A website stated that it takes about 1.5 hours to finish the hike. It took us about 1 hour 45 minutes. We only went up to the viewpoint at Quarry Rock and made our way back down so we didn't finish the entire hike, and made several stops for water breaks both for us and the dog. Oh, it was very dog friendly with many doggies passing by along the way. This hike tired our dog so much that he just lied on the floor for the rest of the day.

When we were finished at around 1pm, all the restaurants with patio (for the dog) were mostly packed so we decided to just grab an ice cream and headed home for lunch. Next time, we'll be sure to try to grab a bite there!
Much love.

No comments: